Engineers used a lot of engineering terms while chatting in our daily activities.
When we're waiting in long queue at restaurant, we said the stall cannot Ramp.
Homemade donuts are referred as Engineering Samples, and the one in J Co. Donuts are Mass Production. When the size of the donuts are very different from each other, we say the Cpk is low.
We described women as Analogue Circuit because they are very susceptible to Noise (emotion), and you need to do Characterization in order to fully understand them.
Sometimes you need to make an Engineering Judgment when they are moody because you do not have sufficient Sample Size to support your decision as they refuse to tell you what they have in mind.
When we met with a group of ladies, we usually performed Sorting across the Sample Distribution and build up Database. The pretty ones will be considered as Bin 1, and the ugly ones will be categorized as Reject Bin or Yield Loss.
If there aren't enough pretty women among the group, we said the Yield is low. This will initiate Low-Yield-Trigger and we might need to revise our Spec Limit so that we can get something out of it. But most of the time, we'll try our best to stick to our ISO standards.
Ladies that are so ugly like her are described as Design Error or Infant Mortality.
However for women like her,
We would say she have done some Surfacing and 3D-Rendering to become pretty.
Sometimes when people asked us questions which we cannot answer immediately, we usually replied them "Let me perform some Engineering Studies and Simulation.".
But one ULTIMATE term that was frequently used by my ex-colleague would be....
My dear team-mates, cheers!
1) Ramp is the process to increase a production line's capacity in a short period.
2) Cpk is the measure of the process capability or how well a production line can produce goods in same consistency.
3) Yield is the rate of a production line to produce good parts.
4) Low-Yield-Trigger is a process initiated when the yield of a process drops lower than the critical stage.
5) Characterization is a process to determine the behavior of a system.